- Seeking freelance contracts with inventive digital and integrated agencies.
- Years of experience working with top international brands.
- Mixed humanities and scientific education from top-tier universities.
- Very analytical, goal oriented, and highly organised.
Copywriter, creative developer,
strategist, and digital content specialist
Projects have included work for Microsoft, IATA, Covergirl, Intel, SanDisk, Cisco, Telstra, VIA Rail Canada, Thomas Cook, TD Insurance, Air Transat, Olay, Tide, and many others.
- Creative development
- Offered creative, research, and strategising services to
client base spanning three continents. Regularly provided high-quality
deliverables to meet tight deadlines. Praised for speed, reliability,
creativity, quality, and work ethic.
- Led English copy creation for several site constructions and
overhauls (including viarail.ca, exitnow.ca, evolio.ca
intel.com.au/letstalkbusiness), as well as other digital campaigns. VIA
Rail’s website and digital strategies hailed as contributing to a 66%
increase in online sales over 2 years despite only a 5% increase in
- Directed creative development of banner advertisements,
campaign launches, and marketing presentations, overseeing research,
copywriting, graphic design, production, and quality assurance. Acted as
project manager for the creation of highly praised agency partner
- Created copy and layout of a repurposable Facebook app for
Olay Canada that received tremendous success with each implementation,
reaching much larger numbers of Canadian women and gaining much more
national attention that was anticipated.
- Contributed to messaging documentation and style guides of multiple international brandings and rebrandings.
- Recognised by agency partner as being highly talented in short copy writing, including names, slogans, and headlines.
- Digital marketing
- Implemented Google SEO and CPC campaign services with agency
client as early as 2005. Rewrote and optimised numerous websites.
Successfully pushed viarail.ca up to top search rankings for high-volume
- Tailored web portal content to address and reflect user feedback data (intel.com.au/letstalkbusiness).
- Researched growth opportunities for digital agency partners.
Contributed directly to one partner's acquisition of new clients,
including Microsoft Canada, as well as to its award of exclusive digital
content development rights for VIA Rail.
- Deeply enhanced consumer profiles for national digital
marketing team, identifying cluster purchasing trends, behaviours, and
attitudes for each. Profiles' success led them to be deployed across
off-line channels as well.
- Modelled web page relevance for agency partner’s client,
providing a framework to prioritise site updates based on response
- Information and pathway organisation
- Conceptualised and developed numerous websites, contests,
promotions, and facebook apps, laying out ergonomic front-end
architecture, including user profile-based targeted content and UGC
- Recognised as a 'go-to guy' for all projects involving complex
information architecture. Often called to provide organisational and
efficiency maximisation services for contests, user pathways, and other
Managed and coordinated all Canadian digital initiatives for a
number of leading brands, including Tide, CoverGirl, Heinz Baby, and
- Recognised within three weeks as top performer given efficiently
and efficacy of managing Bam's largest and newest clients, including
Covergirl and Heinz Baby.
- Cemented relationship with Covergirl, allowing for new opportunities to be suggested on behalf of Bam.
- Left only because of my acceptance to the University of Oxford.
Regularly called to take on freelance contracts since my departure.
University of Maryland
PhD student in philosophy
- Research areas: foundations of quantum mechanics, game theory, and the philosophy of information theory.
London School of Economics and Political Science
- Research areas: foundations of statistical mechanics and the philosophy of information theory.
University of Oxford
BPhil (masters) in philosophy
- Thesis: Symmetries and conservation laws in quantum information theory.
- Specialisation in philosophy of physics, philosophy of language, and the development of modern logic.
BSc in physics, first class honours
- Thesis: An explanation of high-end photon distribution in neutron star spectra.
- Independent study: Foundations of quantum field theory.
- Further specialisations: statistical mechanics, quantum mechanics, and theoretical astrophysics.
BA in linguistics and philosophy, first class
- Thesis: The semantics of indexicals.
- Specialisations: logic, formal semantics, syntax, morphology, introductory ethics, and metaphysics.